The Experts for Water Heater Repairs & Installations in San Francisco
At Discount Plumbing Rooter Inc . we provide repair, installation and replacement services for all types of water heaters. Whether you have an older gas water heater that’s a storage tank model, or a new electric water heater that’s tankless, our San Francisco water heater repair and installation professionals will take care of it.
Safety Tips from Our San Francisco Water Heater Specialists
If steam or boiling water ever comes out of the valve or the hot water faucets, shut your water heater off at once. If you ever hear a rumbling sound, assume the water heater is overheating and turn it off.
If temperature is a problem on a gas water heater, check that the temperature control is on and is set correctly (normally 160 degrees- a little lower if there’s no dishwasher). If you suspect a faulty control, test it by opening a hot water faucet for 3 minutes. If the heater doesn’t turn on, reset the control to a lower temperature and test again. If it still fails, call Discount Plumbing Rooter Inc . to have it replaced. We are one of the best sources for San Francisco water heaters, and we’ll be happy to help you select a new unit that fits your price range.
If your hot water pipe is rusty or discolored…
- Accumulation of rust or sediment in the tank.
- Scale has formed on the elements.
- Corroded water pipe.
- Drain the tank
- Remove the elements, soak them in vinegar and then scrape off the scale
- Have a San Francisco plumber from Discount Plumbing replace the pipes
Water is leaking from the
- Leak in the drain cock
- Leaking safety valve
- Hole in the tank
- Leak in the plumbing connection
- Close it tightly or replace it
- Check the water temperature. If it’s too hot, the thermostat may be broken. If the safety valve is defective, replace it.
- Buy a new water heater